13 May 2010

Thursday Thankfulness


Dear Friends,

It's been a while since I've had a chance to sit down and breathe. I'm making some time for myself right now... following laundry and everything else that a Thursday requires. I am thankful that I have reminded myself to sit down and shut up for a little while. I've missed my "quiet" time and I'm feeling a little more sanity slipping in, even if the energy level is still at negative 20.

I've been in the process of recovering from the bridal shower for Tall Willowy Blonde this past weekend and it's taking me a lot more time than I thought it would. It took a lot more effort and a lot more errands to pull off a stellar (if I do say so myself) event than I ever thought it would. Although, I am seriously considering a second career in party planning (with unlimited budgets, of course). It's nice to sit here and do something that doesn't require stress or anxiety. I hope that everyone else can find a few minutes like this for themselves today.

So, in honor of my stress free minutes I am posting a few pictures from Mothers Day. Josh took Lexy most of the day and you can see what they did...









So, this Thursday I am thankful for cardboard houses and sanity. Not a bad combination.

Love to you all,

C-

3 comments:

  1. LOL...when my girls were 2 and 1 I had a (huge)box in my house for 1.5 years...oddly enough a week ago there was some furniture being delivered at my office and I asked for one of the boxes to bring home..they loved it...they loved it more when I let them sleep in it last Friday night...To be a kid and enjoy the simple pleasures in life.

    I am also thankful that I have been finding the time to finally do (attempt) the window molding in my bedroom. If all goes well, I should be done on Saturday..

    Welcome Back and I'm glad you survived the shower :)

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it through the shower. I am thankful that I have this time at home - to do the little things that always get tossed aside.

    I am thankful for a wonderful husband - who does his honey-do-list with no complaining.

    I am thankful when the boys sleep in and it allows me and B some time to cuddle before the stress of the day begins.

    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete