I thought that when I initially had the idea to start a blog of my own that I had so many thoughts and ideas in my head that I would have no problem picking something to start with. I have a problem. I'm thinking I have zero creativity. Once this page came up there became nothing in my head. No comprehensive thoughts, no ideas, no funny stories. Just a blank page and my inability to spell. Thank goodness God had someone create spell check.
I follow momastery, which is amazing and I highly recommend it to every woman (and man) out there. I was thinking I would steal from lovely G and write something about myself... if you're interested. (sorry, G, but imitation is the highest form of flattery).
1. I have been married for almost 7 years. 7 years seems like a really really really long time and yet, it doesn't seem like that long at all.
2. I would love more than anything to be a stay-at-home mother. I have the most beautiful 2 year old daughter and I would do almost anything to raise her full time. I work part-time at the same job I've held for over 9 years.
3. Apparently, I love hyphens. And long-term (oh, geez, there's another one) relationships.
4. No matter how much I clean my house, how many times I make donations to charities or fill up the trash can, I cannot for the life of me get rid of the stacks of paper in my house. No, I'm not a hoarder, I really do get rid of things. I just can't seem to get rid of enough of it I guess.
5. It drives me absolutely crazy that my husband will not keep his socks off the floor.
6. Sometimes I wonder if I'm making my daughter OCD. She tells me to "clean it up" and "put it away" on a regular basis. I really am just trying to keep her books from making my living room completely impassable.
7. I shouldn't make any comments about the number of books my daughter has, I probably have 5 times as many in various stacks and bookshelves around my house.
8. I love Coach bags and have far too many of them, and yet not enough. I have also never purchased one for myself, but have always managed to receive them as gifts. Yes, any item from Coach will be willingly accepted, no questions asked.
9. I am in love with the beach. Any beach, anywhere, on any ocean. It doesn't really matter, as long as it's the beach. One day I will live at the beach. Really. I will.
10. 10 is my favorite number.
11. I have had one best friend (I love you Shelley) since I was 16 years old (wow that's another of those long-term relationships) and another since college (I love you, too, Jennifer!). Both keep me grounded and sane. Both make me laugh. Both make me feel loved. Both know far too many secrets about me... although, maybe they have forgotten.
12. I had no idea that I would be able to write this much about myself. I feel decidedly average the majority of the time and this absolutely amazes me.
13. I love to shop, but I have no particular style I can claim as my own. I would love to be surprised with a makeover from the Today show, just so I can have a starting point.
14. I had braces for 6 1/2 years. That's right, all through high school and through 2 year of college. Maybe that's where some of the low self-esteem comes from. And, yes, my teeth are amazingly straight now.
15. I am addicted to coffee. No, I will never give up this addiction, it tastes way too good and it keeps me functioning. Yes, I know it's an addiction, although I choose to think of it as a lifestyle choice.
16. I refused to drive a mini-van after my daughter was born, so we ended up with an SUV. I am far too young for a mini-van (although, lately, I've been thinking that we should have got one).
17. My husband wants to teach my daughter and myself to ski next year and the idea of both terrifies me.
18. There is someone in my family I am supposed to love and I can't for the life of me make myself do it.
19. I am left handed.
20. I have never once dyed my hair.
I think there may be more, but the kid just woke up from her nap and for once it is BEAUTIFUL outside and who am I to keep her from being out in it.
Love to you all,